I’m developing a complex software. The core part of the software is web service. When the software goes production and if there is a bug in the web service, it is hard to debug. Because Visual Studio executes IISExpress and it prohibits service to remote clients.
I tried to solve this problem using Apache reverse proxy.
I installed WampServer for Apache.
- I allowed the remote access.
- I opened httpd.conf file.
- I added a new listen port for Apache to httpd.conf file.
- I enabled both proxy_module and proxy_http_module from Wamp server menu.
- I opened httpd-vhosts.conf file.
- I added a virtual host config for reverse proxying:
ProxyPass / http://localhost:46935/
ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:46935/
- I restarted the Apache service from Wamp Server.
- Aaand it works 🙂